Traffic tickets can have a negative impact on your life and they can become major obstacles that can cause you to lose your driver's license. If you have received a traffic ticket in Lake County, the experienced traffic lawyers at DUI Lawyers 24/7 can help. We offer effective and aggressive legal representation to drivers who need an experienced traffic ticket lawyer throughout Illinois including Lake County, Kane County, Cook County, DuPage County, McHenry County, and throughout Illinois.
Our priority is to reduce the negative effect of traffic citations on your driving record and help you get the best possible outcome. For a no-cost initial consultation, call our criminal defense law firm today at 847-999-7616, or chat with our legal team online to learn how we can help.
What is the Effect of a Traffic Ticket in Lake County, Illinois?
Although paying your traffic ticket may seem like the best legal option, that decision can have serious implications. Multiple moving violations can cause the loss of driving privileges. Certain traffic violations, including driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or passing a stopped school bus, can cause an automatic license suspension even if you have a perfect driving record.
The loss of driving privileges can have life-changing consequences on your personal and professional life. Thus, you must consult with an experienced traffic attorney as soon as possible after getting a traffic ticket to discuss your legal options and devise the best defense strategy.
Also, traffic convictions can cause a hike in your car insurance premiums for the next five years. That’s because insurance providers look at a traffic ticket as a sign of poor driving skills, which increases your chances of future traffic citations and motor vehicle accidents. A single speeding ticket in Lake County for 15 miles per hour over the required speed limit causes an average cost of $744 within the next five years.
Do I Need a Traffic Ticket Attorney in Illinois?
When you get a traffic citation because of running a stop sign, speeding, or some other driving offenses, you may think the best legal option is to check “guilty” on the traffic ticket and pay the fine. But that's not the case, you can request court supervision. You may think it’s easier and cheaper to just pay off the ticket, as long as you don’t commit another violation during the court supervision period. Here, you may think, the traffic charges will be dismissed, and you won’t have a traffic conviction on your driving record.
However, there are many reasons you should hire an experienced traffic defense attorney:
- Petty offenses such as driving 26 to 34 miles over the legal limit are Class B misdemeanor offenses. These charges are punishable by up to 180 days in prison and/or a hefty fine of $1,500. Other traffic offenses, such as driving 35 miles per hour or more over the legal limit, are Class A misdemeanor offenses and are punishable by a 12-month period in jail and a heavy fine of $2,500. These traffic offenses require a court appearance, thus, it’s essential to hire an experienced traffic violation lawyer to represent you in traffic court.
- If you live in Illinois, your auto insurance rates are already high. Moving violation convictions can cause insurance rates to increase even further.
- If you're a commercial driver or earn a living by driving, your job may require you to have a clean driving record. A single traffic violation could cost you your job. So, it’s crucial to hire an experienced McHenry County traffic lawyer as soon as you commit a traffic offense. An experienced lawyer can fight to get your traffic charges reduced or even dismissed.
- Many traffic offenders aren’t eligible for court supervision and fighting the traffic citation is the only way to keep a conviction off your public driving record.
- If you're an underage driver, your driver's license can be suspended or revoked for committing two moving violation convictions in a 24-month period.
DUI Lawyers 24/7 can provide the effective defense you need to keep your driving record clean. Our skilled Kane County traffic lawyers are up-to-date on the latest traffic law matters and we're familiar with the current law enforcement and court practices related to traffic offenses, which vary by county. Our legal services include helping clients determine the best legal strategy for their situation and negotiating with the prosecution on your behalf. You can count on DUI Lawyers 24/7 for competent legal representation for any moving violation in Illinois.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Traffic Lawyer?
Traffic ticket defense attorneys are costly, but a traffic ticket can cost you more in serious criminal offenses, thus hiring an attorney is a worthy investment.
In Illinois, traffic attorneys charge by the hour. Thus, the more hours a traffic criminal defense attorney spends in court defending you, the more the cost. However, for simple traffic charges that need less time and documentation, most traffic attorneys offer flat rates.
Each traffic case is unique, and the cost of hiring a traffic attorney will depend on the details of your case. On average, traffic attorneys charge $350 per hour, but this can vary exponentially depending on the details of your case.
Contact a Lake County Traffic Attorney Today for Legal Advice!
Besides the administrative penalties of traffic charges, drunk driving-related traffic offenses carry serious criminal penalties, including significant fines, probation, and even potential jail time. Thus, it is crucial that you reach out to a reputable traffic lawyer in Lake County if you were recently arrested for a traffic offense.
Traffic offenses should be taken seriously. You deserve the best attorney who will zealously and effectively protect your legal rights and increase the chances that you can retain your rights to operate a motor vehicle and avoid the various fines and criminal penalties associated with traffic convictions. Our traffic attorneys have vast experience helping traffic offenders beat their charges and we can help you too. For a no-cost and comprehensive case review, contact our criminal defense law firm today at 847-999-7616.